Australian Macadamia Society
ABN 19 010 689 415
113 Dawson Street, Lismore NSW Australia
+61 2 6622 4933
These Terms and Conditions are made on behalf of the Australian Macadamia Society and all references to Australian Macadamia Society, ‘we’ or ‘us’ in these Terms and Conditions refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 113 Dawson Street Lismore NSW 2480 (ABN 19 010 689 415). The term ‘You’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Use of this site is subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
2. We reserve the right to update and improve the website and change these Terms and Conditions without further notice.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
4. You may view this website and its contents using your web browser and electronically copy and print hard copies of parts of this site solely for personal, non-commercial use. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content of this site is strictly prohibited. You may not modify or copy the layout of the website and any computer software and code contained in the website.
5. The copyright in this website and its content is owned by us or licensed to us. All trademarks mentioned on this website belong to their respective owners.
6. We reserve all intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided. The material provided on the website is for personal use only and may not be:
7. The Website may contain links to other websites and which are not under the control of the Australian Macadamia Society. Any links are provided for your convenience and do not signify or imply that we endorse the site. The Australian Macadamia Society is not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
8. You may not create a link to/from this website from/to another website without our written consent.
9. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep information up to date and correct, any reliance you place on the information is at your own risk.
10. While every effort will be made to ensure that the website is kept up to date and operational, to the full extent permitted by law the Australian Macadamia Society disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding:
11. In no event will the Australian Macadamia Society be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
If you submit information to the Australian Macadamia Society by registering as a subscriber, applying for membership, purchasing one of our products, registering to attend one of our events, or by sending us an email, we collect that information and use it for the purposes of providing you with information or advice about AMS membership, events and goods/ services and for processing an order by you for our goods and/or services and events.
Specifically, we require (as a minimum) your name, mailing address, email address, phone number and method of payment details in order to complete an order for our goods and/or services and some paid events.
Once the transaction has been processed, your credit card details are no longer retained in our system.
We shall only disclose your personal information to third parties where the disclosure is necessary and directly related to the purposes set out above – such as our financial institution to process your order. We shall not give our customer lists to third parties for promotions independent of the Australian Macadamia Society.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) you have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You may do this by sending us an email to email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Australian Macadamia Society
113 Dawson Street
Lismore NSW 2480
You do not have to provide us with the information requested; however, we will be unable to process your order should you be unwilling to do so.
To keep you up-to-date on products, services and special events we do send occasional emails. However, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) we shall only send you emails with your prior consent and shall be happy to remove you from our mailing list should you no longer wish to receive our promotional information.
b. Members agree that use of the website is governed by the Terms and Conditions of Use and you acknowledge that you have read those Terms.
a. The Australian Macadamia Society may wish to publish information from time to time featuring a new member, profiling a member, providing a testimonial, or publishing an article on or by a Member. The Australian Macadamia Society will not publish any information without the prior consent of the Member.
a. Members shall be given a unique Membership Number (login) and Password for the period of their membership which shall entitle them to certain access to the Member section.
b. Members agree not to share or disclose the details of their Membership Number or Password with any other person, including another member. Breach of this condition will be considered grounds for termination of membership.
a. The Australian Macadamia Society accepts payment for goods and services via credit card, direct deposit, or invoice as listed on the order.
b. If the card payment is declined by your issuer for any reason, we cannot hold goods against your order.
c. In most cases, prices are in Australian dollars and include GST.
d. Bookings for events are to be paid for in advance. If notice of a cancellation is received by email or telephone on or before 48 hours prior to the event date, a refund will be issued less an administration fee of $20. If notice of a cancellation is received less than 48 hours prior to an event, no refund is payable.
e. If an event is cancelled or postponed, you may obtain a full refund of the ticket price, or elect to have the fee credited towards another event.
f. An order placed for the purchase of any goods is binding on the purchaser upon completion of the online transaction.
g. If applicable, the cost of shipping is clearly indicated for each product ordered, and is included in the invoice total. Orders are generally processed and posted in two to three working days.
h. Where delivery is required, the Australian Macadamia Society uses Australia Post and quality couriers to deliver your products. Whilst we use quality carriers, the reality is that errors may occur. In the event of delivery errors, the Australian Macadamia Society will endeavour to ensure you receive your goods, receive a replacement or are refunded your purchase price.
a. Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or doesn’t do what it is supposed to do
b. Where applicable, the warranty offered for products sold by the Australian Macadamia Society is the manufacturer’s warranty.
c. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the liability of the Australian Macadamia Society in respect of a breach of any warranty is limited and the remedy is a refund of any prepayments for any goods or services.
If applicable, the cost of shipping is clearly indicated for each product ordered, and is included in the invoice total.
- Orders are dispatched within 2 business days and shipping times are estimated at between 3-10 business days depending on your location within Australia.
The Australian Macadamia Society ships goods Australia wide, however at this time we do NOT accept international orders through our website, please contact us on +61 2 6622 4933 or firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about a special order.
The Australian Macadamia Society is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavour to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. Standard delivery timeframes are between 3-10 business days; in the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfill your order we will notify you within 3 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund
This website has been partly funded by Hort Innovation, using the macadamia research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government.