It is said, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know” that dictates success – so why not give yourself the gift of both and build your industry knowledge and networks by joining the Australian Macadamia Society (AMS) today?
With continued new investment and so many new entrants coming into the industry, the AMS, as the only representative body for the entire macadamia supply chain, is more committed than ever to helping Australian growers improve productivity, profitability, sustainability and long-term security to keep them at the forefront of the global industry.
Can we add to your success?
Each year the AMS helps high achieving and experienced growers push the boundaries in technical and other innovations, helps others to increase production above industry averages and helps new entrants to find their feet, build valuable networks and step into the industry on the right foot.
Through collaboration with many industry stakeholders including researchers, consultants, contractors, input suppliers and processors the AMS is here to help you achieve your business goals and provide you with the knowledge, networks, resources and support necessary for you to achieve success.
We understand that each member and their business requires a different level of support and the importance of being able to connect with the industry in a way that works for you. That is why AMS membership includes a range of informative in-person regional learning events and support; as well as hardcopy and online resources such as the industry magazine, online research library, fact sheets, manuals, videos, podcasts, social media channels and more.
Why join the AMS today?
As an AMS member you can expect to increase your knowledge and networks with access to:
- News Bulletin magazines and fortnightly Enews - voted as the two most valuable sources of industry information, our magazine and emails will be delivered directly to your letterbox and inbox.
- Free events in all major growing regions including MacGroup grower meetings, field walks, bus tours, workshops and more held multiple times per year. In 2021, you'll receive a members discount to the Australian macadamia industry's premier event - AusMac2022 to be held 7-9 February 2022 on the Gold Coast.
- AMS Facebook group exclusive to members - stay connected and be among the first to know about new resources, research, events and industry alerts.
- TAFE QLD & NSW Courses - comprehensive courses suitable for new and experienced growers, orchard farmhands and the nursery trade.
- AMS Podcasts – new in 2020 as a way of delivering the latest research findings and best growing practices in an easily accessible format, the feedback has been great, and the podcasts have been played more than 1300 times – Check out some examples here.
- Online industry resources library – with over 2,000 factsheets and case studies, articles, presentations and videos, research reports and growing guides the AMS member only research library is arguably the largest in the world! View the library here.
- Private YouTube channel – covers topics from new orchard plantings and cultivars to post-harvest handling and everything in between.
- Industry suppliers’ listings (free) – list your business or find a supplier with the macadamia specific directory with over 220 listings (processors, nurseries, consultants, contractors, farm inputs and more) accessed more than 13,600 times in 2020. Find a supplier now.
- Member only classifieds (free) – the only macadamia industry specific buy and sell pages, available exclusive to members free of charge (and promoted each fortnight to our entire email list). Check out the latest listings here.
- WFI rebates – Save up to $200 a year off your AMS membership renewal fees when listing the AMS as your referring agent on your WFI Insurance policy. (Terms and conditions apply, phone the AMS on 1800 262 426 for more info).
Become part of this world leading industry and join the AMS now.
Don’t delay any longer, join one of Australia’s most respected and highly regarded industry bodies today and get access to the knowledge and networks to help you and your business prosper.
Select your membership type below to complete the online application or phone 1800 262 426 to talk with our team now.